Sunday, March 14, 2010

Skin tone and make-ups...?

Apparently skin colour corresponds with three browns, in various shades of course: Russet Brown, Olive Brown and Sallow Brown. Even my skin which is very pale indeed, is infact (I believe) a very light shade of Russet Brown. This said, I'm actually very interested in avant guard make-ups at the minute and for some of my make ups I am blending white with my foundation.





I was wondering if someone knows how I might go about finding an appropriate shade of powder for contouring?





The products I've come accross don't appear to correspond (at least in colour description/name) to the three browns mentioned above. Even so, if I should find a light shade of Russet Brown, will this still work with the white in my foundation?
Skin tone and make-ups...?
check this out:


good make-up, 2.
Skin tone and make-ups...?
I'm not really sure about this skin color in browns. I'm a makeup artist and I mix foundation colors from red, blue, and yellow. Olive skin tones have more yellow and blue. Pink skin tones have more blue and red. Yellow undertoned skin has more yellow. Darker skin tones have more red undertones.





I've been creating avant garde makeup looks for sometime and the best white to use is a cake makeup, it is sheer enough that it won't look 'clown white' and it covers and you can apply ontop of foundation. It all depends on what you are going for.





As for contouring.. what colors are you looking for? I've contoured faces with hot pink. If you want a subtle look, I would go for a medium bronzer. If you want a noticeable contour try a brown toned blush, because they usually have red undertones.
Reply:KRYOLAN - MAKEUP


No comments:

Post a Comment