Sunday, March 14, 2010

I consistently have flaking skin on both sides of my nose. It is really not red,but peels every day. Help?

The flaking skin is lessened with great skin care, but still remains in some amount. I have absolutely no flaking skin anywhere else. I am 37 years old. I have tried extra moisture and I have tried using products for oily skin. Nothing has completely helped.
I consistently have flaking skin on both sides of my nose. It is really not red,but peels every day. Help?
I have the same problem and I've had it for over 40 years, so don't get too excited. In my case, the flaking is caused by a bacterial or fungal infection that keeps recurring, especially if you have oily skin or oily patches like I do. The infection seems to be impossible to get rid of completely but it doesn't cause any problems and it certainly isn't dangerous. It's just gross. Apparently the infection is caused by soap accumulating in the pores of your skin or in the folds like the crevices that are created where your nose connects to your face. I also have it on my eyelids and in my eyebrows and behind my ears but then I have a lot more folds than you do. You can try treating it every time you wash your face with some alcohol or astringent lotion. That helps keep the flaking down and keeps the infection away as well. Email me if you would like more information.
I consistently have flaking skin on both sides of my nose. It is really not red,but peels every day. Help?
i have something a little like that too..only moisturizing helps but only temporarily..wish i could help
Reply:Rub on olive oil everyday and then wash your face with mild facial cleanser(Eurcerin, dove, cetaphil). Then rub on raw egg and let it dry on your skin. Then wash it off again. Then put on moisturizer(cetaphil, Eucerin, vaseline). and see what happens after about a week.





If you swim in the pool a lot or are out in the sun, you should wear Spf 30 or more(coppertone is good). Find a sunscreen with broad spectrum(UVA and UVB).





And don't basque in the sun too much. It could peel your skin even more.


No comments:

Post a Comment