Thursday, March 11, 2010

Skin question?

When I was a kid I had much whiter skin than now. Why??


I'm cacuasina, and so are my parents. Is it possible that my skin turned olive just becouse of the sun??
Skin question?
Yes it's from sun exposure. I was very white as a baby but now I have olive skin. My mom said after my first summer outside, I was never as pale as I was as a baby.
Skin question?
skin colour depends on the amount of melanin in your skin; the mroe melanin you have, the darker your skin can become





i'd say the amount of melanin for each individual is determined genetically.. so you probably do have a healthy amounth of melanin, and perhaps due to your changed activities compared as when you were a kid, you expose yourself to more sun, therefore having a darker complexion
Reply:It is from the sun. I have the opposite problem.


When I was a kid I was always outside playing in the sun and I had such lovely olive skin. Now i have an indoor job and no time to see the sun my skin has gone ghastly white. Whenever I go on holidays and take some time out at the beach I start to go olive again so I'd say even as a kid you had the same skin pigments as you have now but your mum probably took the time to cover you up and sun cream you down so you didn't get burnt.


Now as an adult you may spend more time in the sun and your skin reacts accordingly.


No comments:

Post a Comment