Monday, March 15, 2010

Skin question?

Okay, so ever since I can remember (even in my baby pictures!) my skin has been weird. My legs are pale, but not very pale, and this still happens when I'm tan anyway. So, my skin randomly gets like blotchy maybe? I can't really explain it. It's kind of like what it would look like if you could see all my blood vessels, but they're not my blood vessels. It happens at random times. I remember usually at the beginning of gym class when I was little it would always happen. A lot of times when I get warmed up it starts to disappear. Does ANYONE have ANY idea what I'm talking about or how to help?
Skin question?
What you are describing sounds like livedo reticularis. This is condition that is not harmful. In some situations it can be related to some diseases of the connective tissue such as lupus or mixed connective tissue disease, but these are the more rare events. These diseases can be ruled out by a simple blood test. You should go see your dermatologist to get the blood tests done.


Good Luck!


Your Friendly Dermatologist.

leather handbag

No comments:

Post a Comment