Monday, March 15, 2010

How to manage tight skin after burns...?

Last week, I goofed pretty bad and wound up with somewhere around 2nd degree burns on the back of my forefinger and hand from a hot grease accident.





The skin is now healing back, but right now it is in that "tight" stage where much of it is more scabarous than regular skin. Any time I flex my finger, the skin will crack and ooze.





Is there anything practical to help soften the skin and make it more flexible at a faster rate? I'm not worried about it "healing" faster, I just want the flexibility back so it doesn't split so easily,
How to manage tight skin after burns...?
2nd degree burns should be covered with a good healing gel and gauze to prevent infections and scarring.





Aloe and Vit E are good. If you leave the burn open to air it can become infected and deep tissue scarring can occur making your fingers stiff and painful when you use them.





When it isn't too painful, rubbing the areas with vit e or another creme often will reduce the swelling, scarring and help with the flexing of your fingers.
How to manage tight skin after burns...?
Aloe vera gel.......
Reply:Put loads of moisturiser on it. In fact. If you buy this palmer's cocoa butter it adds moisture and it helps heal it quicker and better and it reduces scars. So it's good all round. I swear that is the best thing ever invented. I had this huge scar on my head and it disappeared practically.


No comments:

Post a Comment