Friday, November 6, 2009

Skin cancer??

I've had a spot on my nose for a couple of years that is different from the rest of my skin. It's darker, bumpy, and feels different (kind of dry and scaly). I've never gotten it checked out, but I'm out in the sun a lot and I'm a bit worried. I had blood work done a month ago and everything was normal. Can skin cancer show up on a blood test? Any help would be great! Thanks so much!
Skin cancer??
Typically skin cancer doesn't show up on blood work, the only diagnostic tests that you need are your eyes. The quick and dirty screen for melanoma (one of the more serious skin cancers) is the ABCDE method:





Assymetry-if you folded it in half would it be uneven


Borders- are the edges jagged


Color- is it multicolored, blue, brown, black, etc


Diameter %26gt; 1cm


Evolution/Elevation- has it changed recently/is it higher than the surrounding skin





You probably ought to wear sunscreen EVERY TIME you go outside. Skin cancer is very preventable if people would just stop going to tanning beds and wear sunscreen when they're outside. Check the article that I left you below.





I hope this helps.
Skin cancer??
Hello...being that you have been in the sun alot it is quite possible that the discoloration on your nose is skin cancer. I don't think skin cancer will show up on a blood test. Take a look at this link it describes what skin caner looks like. Get it checked out if it has been there for a couple of years.


No comments:

Post a Comment