Friday, November 6, 2009

How can I aid/prevent dehydrated looking skin?

To be more clear, every time I take a shower, go in the pool or the ocean (basically when I come in contact with water) my skin gets all dry, it looks "dehydrated", like I can see white skin, like it looks like its peeling and ashy kinda. This only appears on my upper back and face. I was wondering if anyone knew what I can do to prevent it from doing that, from looking like its all dehydrated and peeling. Maybe it's that I don't scrub as hard? Possibly dead skin? (I only rub soap on myself, not much of a "scrubbing" action). Or maybe I just get ashy fast without moisture in my skin? Overall, I just want to do something to "rehydrate" and prevent my skin from getting dry and looking all peely/ashy like that. I think I may have oily skin, maybe that's what's causing it?





Just a small thought, is it normal for a person to get all ashy/peely looking like when they go in the pool/ocean? It occurs on my upper back and face...
How can I aid/prevent dehydrated looking skin?
Drink more water. It is essential to hydrating your skin. As for the ashy/peely look, it's probably from the chlorine in the pool the salt in the ocean, and the excess sun. Be sure to cleanse your face and use lotions that will exfoliate your skin.


No comments:

Post a Comment